For centuries many methods of hair removal have been utilized, dating back to ancient Egypt (around 1150 B.C.). Waxing is a safe, effective, semi-permeninent way to remove unwanted hair from the root. With consistency, waxing can also reduce hair growth in certain areas.
Pre & Post Waxing Care
- Let your hair grow out! The hair being waxed should be at least 1/4 – 1/2 an inch long when arriving to your appointment.
- Stay out of the sun! Avoid the sun and tanning bed exposure 24-48 before and after any waxing service.
- Avoid applying lotions! Fresh, clean skin is best prior to your waxing service. Do not apply self-tanners, deodorant, perfume, or any other lotions to the area being waxing.
- Dress Comfy! For any body waxing, it is suggested to wear loose, comfortable clothing to your appointment to avoid unnecessary irritation on newly waxed skin.
- Exfoliate! Exfoliate the area 24-48 hours in advance. A gentle scrub will help to remove dead skin that may be trapping hairs underneath the skin while also lifting hairs that are laying parallel to the skin. It is also imporant to continue exfoliating about 2 days after your appointment. This will help to prevent ingrown hairs.
- Your Work-Out can Wait! Avoid vigorous exercise the day of your waxing appointment. Sweat can irritate the freshly waxed skin.
Please be aware if you are on certain medications or using skin thinning topical creams/prescriptions, waxing cannot be performed due to increased skin sensitivity and vulnerability. This includes but is not limited to: Accutane, Isotretinoin, Retin A or any other vitamin A derivative, Oral & Topical Antibiotics, Bleaching Agents, Benzoyl Peroxide, and other medications and creams.
Click below to view our menu of waxing services